Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Guilty Conscience

So, I was totally late for work today, and I have no idea how I'm supposed to bring it up to D other than to just tattle on myself. I'm not the girl who usually tattles on myself, and when I did it the other night D was totally weirded out lol.

One reason I told on myself the other night was cause I wasn't going to get in trouble for it ANYWAY since I had a free pass, so why not go ahead and get that out of the way.

Part of me really hates "free-passes", it's a boundary that gets elasticized and I don't appreciate leniency as a rule of thumb. The part of my brain that thinks about rules and such rationalizes the fact that if I get a free pass, even if it's just the next one, then it isn't that important of a rule; so what does it matter if I break it or not?

The way I see it, if it's important enough to make a rule about, then the rule should count right away. That's my two cents...

So... I ended up telling D about the whole being late for work thing. He wasn't too happy with me, but it was seriously eating at my soul, so I decided that telling him would be a good idea instead of just letting it fester.

Usually the way it works is if I break a rule, I don't say ANYTHING about it. If he asks me if I broke the specific rule, then I'll tell him I did; otherwise it's left in the wind. Sure, technically this is called lying by ommision, but... I don't want to TELL on myself!! JEEZ!

But yeah, so tonight I went on this spanking chatroom and I was talking to this guy about punishments that didn't have anything to do with spanking (i.e. grounding, early bedtimes, writing lines, eating soap, etc) and it seemed like someone who was genuine and had been in the lifestyle for longer than I have been ALIVE. I added him on yahoo.

He seemed like someone who D might want to talk with on ideas/being mentored/blaahhh or something, but I don't know. D will probably read this post and be like "Megyn! Stop telling me to talk to people, jesus!" and I'll end up being all sad cause he's not happy lol. Ohhhhhh well!

You guys know what I can't wait for?

D coming to town!! YAAAY! Too bad it's FOREVER AWAY! D:<

No comments:

Post a Comment